Building Industries Exchange of Reading and Berks County Fund
One grant will be awarded to a nonprofit organization in Berks County to support construction or renovation of a facility it owns or which is owned on its behalf.
Preference will be given to renovation projects that take environmental stewardship into account.
Examples of environmental stewardship include the use of alternative energy sources, reduction in water usage, energy conservation through the use of efficient lighting and equipment, and the use of recycled materials and/or those that limit environmental harm (such as low-off-gassing paints and varnishes).
Organizations will be selected based on the following criteria:
• A nonprofit organization in Berks County
• The urgency of the need for renovation
• The use of environmental stewardship
• The submission of estimates and drawings for the proposed work
• An estimate of operating costs the organization will incur or reduce based on the renovation
• The financial stability of the organization
The grant must be fully spent by the organization within one year of receiving the grant.
Applications are due March 15, and decisions are announced by the end of June.