Albany Township Tomorrow Fund
The “Albany Township Tomorrow Fund” was created in honor of Pauline Levan Hamm and Gloria Longenberger Hamm, and their lifelong efforts to support and improve the Albany Township community. The Fund provides grants to support community-minded organizations and initiatives which benefit the general population of Albany Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania.
The fund will award two $2,500 grants each year using the following considerations:
- Grant funding is to be for the general benefit of the Albany Township community and not for programs/activities restricted to members or beneficiaries of a single organization.
- Grants may not be made for the benefit of pre-identified individual residents.
- Grants benefiting youth education and advancement will be given priority.
- Activity based programs will be preferred over facility/material support.
- Community enhancement/improvement programs will be preferred over support of existing programs/activities.
- Funding shall be used only for secular purposes. While religious organizations may be eligible for grants, the grant funding shall be used for the benefit of the general community, and not to advance religion-focused organizational goals.
- The activities funded by a grant must be completed and a grant report submitted within one year from the date of award notification.
Grant applications will be accepted from February 1 through March 15. After the March 15 deadline, an advisory committee made up of local community members will review the applications and recommend the programs that will receive the grants. Grant awards will be announced no later than May 15.
In order to apply for any grant, you must first click the Sign Up button in the top right corner to create an account. If you already established an account, click Sign In to proceed with applying for a grant.
Note that demographic and quality of life data about Berks County is available at Berks Vital Signs. You may find that data useful in this or other grant applications that you complete.